Welcome to Viscount Mining
Viscount Mining is a project generator building a portfolio of high quality exploration properties in friendly mining jurisdictions in the United States.
The scientific and technical information disclosed on this website has been approved by
Dallas W. Davis, PEng, FEC, an independent consulting geologist and a qualified person as defined in NI 43-101.
One Company. One Philosophy. Great Results.
Drill Hole K16-01 assayed 1,778.5 g/t (57.2 oz/t) silver over a 20-ft. (6.1m) interval
within a 50 ft. (15.2m) mineralized intersection averaging 837.4 g/t (26.9 oz/t).
- Viscount Mining holds a 100% interest in the Silver Cliff property and lies within the historic Hardscrabble Silver District in Colorado.
- The Property consists of 96 lode claims where high grade silver, gold and base metal production came from numerous mines during the period 1878 to 1894.
- It is located 44 miles WSW of Pueblo, Colorado, and has year-around access by paved road. The property underwent substantial exploration between 1967 and 1984. The major explorers were Freeport, Hecla, Homestake, Moly Corp, Coca Mines and Tenneco Minerals.
- The Silver Cliff Property is interpreted to encompass a large caldera and porphyry system which offers potential to host a number of deposits from both precious metals to base metals. This has been demonstrated in the mineralogy and grade historically extracted from numerous underground mining operations dating back to the late 1800s and early 1900s.
- Drilling in the 1980s by Tenneco resulted in a historical pre-feasibility study which formed the company's decision to put the property into production.
- Silver Cliff geological structure appears quite simple. Dips are to the east-southeast at 2° to 5°. Faulting is not obvious on the surface and a contour map of the surface of the lower obsidian suggest that no faults with more than 50 feet of displacement occur within the area of the Kate mineralization. Examination of PQ wireline core drilled in 1989 for a metallurgical sample, indicate; however, that faults with minor displacement are numerous.
In the fall of 2016, nine holes with a total of 1,502 ft. (457.8 m) were completed reporting values from drill holes K16-01, K16-03, K16-04, K16-05, K16-06, and K16-08 from which core was assayed at ALS Canada Ltd., at their laboratories in Reno, Nevada, and Vancouver, BC. Highlights were from drill hole K16-01 which assayed 1,778.5 g/t (57.2 oz/t) silver over a 20-ft. (6.1m) interval within a 50 ft. (15.2m) mineralized intersection averaging 837.4 g/t (26.9 oz/t).
- Viscount Mining holds a 100% interest in the Cherry Creek Project located approximately 90 miles south of Wells, in White Pine County Nevada comprising of 9,000 acres, including more than 20 past producing silver and gold mines with a majority on patented property.
- This is the first time most of Cherry Creek’s past producing mines have been assembled under one ownership group.
- This land holding includes the three largest past producing Silver mines - the Exchequer/ New Century Mine, Teacup and the prolific Star Mine which were in production until the 1920’s.
- Snowden completed a National Instrument 43-101 report in 2013, and its geologists, identified similar lithology 2 miles north of the Star Mine as the same lithology that hosts the large gold deposit at Long Canyon owned by Newmont (which was purchased in 2010 for $2.3 billion).
- The 2014 rock chip sampling results Summit conducted indicate widespread occurrences of anomalous to high grade gold, silver, and base metal mineralization thereby confirming the information cited in historic reports.
- Sumitomo brings the expertise of owning and developing the San Cristobal mine in Bolivia which is the world’s 3rd largest producer of Silver and 6th largest producer of Zinc.
Sumitomo Corporation is one of the largest integrated trading and investment companies in Japan. Sumitomo Corporation, a Fortune 500 company, conducts commodity transactions in all industries utilizing worldwide networks, provides related customers with various financing, serves as an organizer and a coordinator for various projects, and invests in businesses from the information industry to the retailing industry. Summit Mining Exploration, Inc. is wholly owned subsidiary of Sumitomo Corporation and is headquartered in Colorado, USA. For more information about Sumitomo Corporation, visit www.sumitomocorp.co.jp/english/
In February 2015, Viscount Mining entered into an exploration earn-in agreement with Summit Mining Exploration Inc. ("Summit"), a US subsidiary of Sumitomo Corporation. The Agreement covers the Company's flagship Cherry Creek property located in White Pine County, Nevada. To maintain the Agreement and to vest its 75% interest in the Property, Summit is required to produce a feasibility study and to have expended a minimum of US$10,000,000 in exploration and development expenses by the eighth anniversary of the agreement.
How can we help you today?
409 - 221 W. Esplanade,
North Vancouver, BC, V7M 3J3